Teach your child about colors and counting with this rainbow popsicle stick frame craft. This simple frame craft created from wooden craft sticks is so easy and quick to make. Use this to colorful stick frame to display your child’s artwork or a favorite family photo.
RELATED: 20 Color Activities for Kids
How to Make a Rainbow Popsicle Stick Frame
- Rainbow Craft Sticks 14 for each frame (Dollar Store)
- Magnets – Round ¾” (Dollar Store)
- Buttons – 1” and ½” (Dollar Store)
- Binder Clips – metal (Dollar Store)
- Low Temp Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Line up 12 colored craft sticks in rainbow order on your work surface. Red to Purple and then Purple to Red. Some of the craft sticks will be damaged or split so just chose which one to use. Attach two of these craft sticks to the back with the glue gun.
- To stay organized, store the remaining loose craft sticks in a zip top sandwich bag.
- Once the glue has dried at the back, attach the metal binder clip to the top center of the frame with the glue gun.
- Adhere the magnets to the back of the metal binder clip with the glue gun.
- Layer buttons on the front of the metal binder clip with the glue gun and you’re done.
Step by Step Photos
Let the kiddos create their own color patterns and add their name with letter stickers for a personal touch! Moreover, you can also use glitter glue, beads, and even buttons to design the frame.