Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Read about our affiliate policies here.
Who says your kids need to get artsy and crafty only when it is a rainy day? We’ve got an amazing summer craft idea- something that will keep them hooked for an hour or two! This flower wreath is super easy to make, just follow these step by step instructions!
How to Make This Summer Wreath Craft Idea:
- Colored craft papers
- Craft glue
- Wreath Base
- Trace the cosmos flower patterns on colored craft paper of your choice and trace the strip on yellow craft paper. Cut out the traced patterns.
- Make loose coil from the yellow strip and create creases on the cutout cosmos flower patterns.
- Glue the cosmos flower patterns together criss-cross wise and then stick the loose coil on the center of the flower.
- Prepare the daisy template and trace the patterns on selected craft papers. Cut them out nicely and evenly.
- Create creases on the petals of the flower patterns and use the spiral cutout to create spiral rose by rolling the spiral from its outer edge and all the way to the center. Now, cut fringes around the outer surface of the round shape.
- Attach the 2 flower cutouts criss-cross wise. Stick the round fringed cutout on the center of the flower and then stick the spiral pattern on the center of the round fringed pattern. Now draw the needle to the back side of the small cut out, slightly near the center of it.
- Trace the poppy patterns on craft papers and cut them out nicely.
- Create accordion folds crease on the petals of the poppy flower cutouts. Cut fringes around the outer surface of the round cutout and crumple the fringes towards the center to create a small ball shape. Cut fringes around the outer surface of the round shape.
- Once again, attach the flower cutouts together criss-cross wise. Attach the round fringed shape on the center and then attach the crumpled paper on the center of the black round shape.
- Trace and cut out the leaf patterns from the green colored craft papers.
- Grab the wreath base, flowers and the leaves. Place the base on a flat surface.
- Apply glue on the back side of the flowers and stick them on the base. Arrange the flowers nicely on the base and try to fill the base.
- Stick leaves between the flowers and to fill any gap between the flowers.
- Add as many leaves as you want. Once the wreath is complete, attach a hanging mechanism on the back side to complete the wreath.
Step by Step Photos
Loved this summer craft idea? Don’t forget to share it and spread the love! Also, do check out other puzzles and activities for kids that could work great after they try their hands at this one!
Join 10,000+ Subscribers
Join The Milestone Mom Newsletter
Get expert advice from a certified teacher and Pediatric Developmental Therapist directly in your inbox every week!