Keep your kids busy with this Caterpillar paper plate craft! This simple paper plate craft is a fun activity for preschoolers or kids when learning about Caterpillars. You can also incorporate teaching them about colors since we’re going to use a bunch of colorful pom pom balls.
How to Make Your Caterpillar Paper Plate Craft
- Paper plate
- Pom pom balls
- Quick dry tacky glue or school glue
- Wiggly eyes
- Chenille stems
- Cut a paper plate into a snail shape, this will serve as the base for the body of the caterpillar.
- Cut a chenille stem and bend it in half. Poke two small holes through the paper plate (where you want the head of the caterpillar) and push the tips of the chenille stem through the holes.
- Glue the pom poms to the paper plate base of the caterpillar. You can have fun here choosing the color combinations of pom poms to use – alternate colors, one color and just whatever color combination you like!
- Add eyes to the Caterpillar by gluing a wiggly eyes to the first pom pom.
- Wrap the tips of the chenille stems around a pencil to create a curl for the caterpillar. After curling the chenille stems, you are done!
- And there you have it, you got your colorful Caterpillar paper plate craft!
Step by Step Photos
We hope you enjoyed making this simple paper plate craft. If you liked this, you might want to try our other paper plate craft projects, if you love Dr. Seuss’, here’s one for you – Cat in the Hat Paper Plate Craft or this Eskimo Paper Plate Craft.