Do you like rain or lava lamps? Then you can have your own little rain craft in your home. This shaving cream rain activity is a quick and fun experiment that you can easily make. Most supplies can be found readily in your home. If you want to teach your young ones about colors, this might also be a great activity. What are you waiting for? Let’s start!
RELATED: 20 Weather Activities for Kids
Create Your Shaving Cream Rain Activity
Here’s how you can create your shaving cream rain activity bottle.
- Clear glass cup or jar
- Shaving cream
- Food coloring (change this based on the color needed specific to your activity)
- Cold water
- Plastic spoon
- Fill cup with cold water about ¾ full. You’ll want to leave space for the shaving cream.
- Squirt a thin layer of shaving cream over the water. Fill in any holes. Be sure not to add too much – shaving cream does rise a bit and you don’t want it to be too thick. If you put too much, you can scrape some off using a plastic spoon. Use the spoon to help even out the layer of shaving cream.
- Drop several drops of food coloring onto the shaving cream. Check the water to see if you can see the food coloring seeping through the shaving cream. If you do not see this, add more food coloring until it goes through. *Tip: you can use the end of the spoon to poke a small hole through the shaving cream to make the process go faster if you aren’t seeing results.
- Once you see the food coloring go through the shaving cream, sit back and watch to see what happens!
- Add additional food coloring or colors if interested.
Step by Step Photos
Looking for more weather-related crafts? Here are 20 Weather Activities for Kids!