As a mom of a growing child, you can never get enough of art and craft inspirations. Not only are these activities a good way to keep your little one busy, but they also boost his creativity and improve his motor skills. So here’s bringing you another one- and this time, it is sea-themed!
Keep reading to discover this super simple sea craft idea for toddlers!
RELATED: 20 Ocean Activities for Kids
Making Shape Under the Sea Craft Idea for Toddlers
Also, don’t forget to download and print the shapes using our free printable linked down here!
- Colored craft papers
- Craft glue
- Googly eyes
- Select colored craft papers for the craft and prepare the template shapes by printing and cutting them out. Trace the shape cutouts on the selected craft papers and cut them out nicely. You can also do free hand drawings of the shapes. The template includes square, circle, triangle, star and arch shapes.
- Get creative in this step. You can use a triangle and a circle to make a fish pattern; or you can also use a trapezium and a triangle to make a fish pattern. To make a jelly fish patter, use an arch shape for the body and thin strips for the bottom side of the jelly fish. Use craft glue to attach the shapes and complete each pattern.
- Add googly eyes to the paper craft fish and jelly fish patterns. Use a black sharpie to draw a smiley face to them.
- Prepare a piece of blue colored craft paper for the undersea craft and start adding the shape cutouts to create the undersea craft scene.
- Add the shape fish, jelly fish and other shape items to create the undersea craft scene.
- Create more colorful shape fish, jelly fish, starfish and other items. Use craft glue to attach the prepared items to the blue background paper and have fun!
Step by Step Photos
Loved this shape craft idea? Don’t forget to share with us in the comments below, and on social media with your friends! Looking for some more cool craft ideas for your little one? Click here!